Saturday, January 10, 2009

Itinerary

It doesn't feel like I'm going to be on a plane in less than 12 hours. I'm feeling a little nervous and like I've forgotten to pack things that I'll need. I have an abnormally small bag to check and the feeling of taking so little is completely alien to me. So after this post, I'm going to do a little inventory.

For now, how about another "I" word? Itinerary! Here's what I'm going to be doing in the near future.

Sunday 1/11:
flight from PHL to Miami
2 hour lay-over
flight from Miami to Quito

Monday 1/12:
Old City sightseeing in Quito

Tuesday 1/13:
Colonial City Tour in Quito
Travel to Pululahua Crater
Visit Middle of the World complex
Etnographical museum (I have no idea what this is)
Visit Pululahua Crater and Geobotanical Reserve

Wednesday 1/14:
6 am photo walk (whooo!)
Pahuma Orchid Reserve
Butterfly Farm
Observation of hummingbirds, etc in Mindo Valley cloud forest

Thursday 1/15:
6 am photo walk (the fun does not end!)
Assorted guided tours and excursions in Mindo Valley cloud forest
Tour of Shade Tree coffee farm
Evening insect sampling (To tell you the truth, I first thought we were going to be tasting insects. On second thought, perhaps we are collecting insects from the field.)

Friday 1/16:
6 am photo walk
More guided tours and excursions in Mindo Valley cloud forest
Visit butterfly farm

Saturday 1/17:
Free day in Mindo Valley
Return to Quito

I will post info about the next week as it draws closer. From 1/18 to 1/24, we will be on a cruise in the Galapagos Islands without internet access. I'll update beforehand and will keep writing even when I can't post.

Alright, off to finalize plans and packing. Next time, I'll be writing from South America!

No comments: